How to arrive to Santander:
Santander Airport (SDR) has flights to destinations within Spain and outside of Spain. To get from the airport to downtown Santander, there are two transportation options:
- Taxi (15-20 euros)
- Bus (2.9 euros). The bus stop is located in front of the arrival terminal. Buses depart from the airport starting at 06:40, and run every half an hour between 07:00 and 23:00. The bus goes directly to the central bus station in downtown Santander.
Bilbao Airport (BIO) is an hour and a half east of Santander. The Airport has many daily connections to international destinations. There are two ways to get to Santander:
- Taxi (~ 150 euros)
- Bus to Termibus, the downtown bus station in Bilbao (1.45 euros). From Termibus, bus to Santander Bus Station (Alsa, 7-15 euros). Buses from downtown Bilbao to downtown Santander run approximately every hour in peak hours.
Santander can also be reached by train (Renfe, 43-50 euros) from Madrid (Chamartin train station).
Alsa offers bus service throughout Spain and the French border (Irun-Hendaye).
How to arrive to the hotel:
To get to the hotel from the bus station or from the train station, you can either take a taxi or use the public bus service. The fare of the bus trip is 1.3€, and you have the following options:
- Bus line number 4: you should take it at the bus stop Estaciones, near both stations, get off at Plaza de Italia and walk 15 minutes.
- Bus lines number 1, 2 and 13: as you leave the train station (near the bus station) there is a tunnel (Pasaje de Peña) on the left, at the end of the tunnel on the left there is a bus stop (Jesus del Monasterio 21) and there you can take lines 1, 2 or 13, get off at Los Agustinos stop and walk 5 minutes.
During the Conference:
The Conference will be held at Facultad de Ciencias, Avenida de los Castros s/n, which is a 15-minute walk from Hotel Palacio del Mar and a 25-minute walk from Hotel Chiqui or from Hotel Silken (see the map here).
Registration will take place on Monday from 8:30 to 9:30.
The Conference dinner will be on Thursday; payment (50€, only in cash) should be made on Monday, during registration.
Remerber that meals are not included in the registration fee. Nearby places offer set lunch menus for 7-10€; some of them are (see the following map):
- Cervecería Isae
- Cafetería Escudero
- Cafetería Restaurante Bedoya 2
- Cafetería Santander Antiguo
- Cafetería Facultad de Derecho (in the campus)
The weather in Santander is very changeable, so we recommend looking at the forecast right before your trip.